Friday 31 July 2015

Simplifying

Parts have been taking much longer to arrive than expected so I have been having a look at my design and found a neat way to simplify it and remove two sets of bevel gears. This is because when I had been taking into account the size of the motors I had forgotten that most of the motor will be overhanging it's mounting position, meaning that in fact I could mount them in line with each other reducing the need for bevel gears.

This has also meant that I can reduce the length of the overall bot by about and inch, which has been quite needed as the length was starting to be too large, almost 9 inches. This would've meant that the bot could of taken up most of the arena.

Also, I have added mounts on the base for the bodywork to attach on to.
Newer simplified design

No comments:

Post a Comment